Mission Springs Outdoor Education serves both public and private Christian schools in Northern and Central California. Our classes focus on redwood and stream ecology, team building, environmental stewardship (including solar energy and organic gardening), astronomy, and marine field trips for 4-6 grade students.
We are looking for recent college graduates in the science and/or education field who are interested in sharing their love of God’s creation with students. As a Naturalist, you will gain experience in outdoor education and youth ministry as you teach students in an outdoor classroom. Naturalists earn a weekly wage and are provided with housing and most meals on site.
- Lead hands-on outdoor science classes on the trails that weave through our redwood forest habitat. Some classes occur in the evenings.
- Introduce children to God’s creation and teach them to be good stewards of natural resources.
- Complete daily tasks to help the program run smoothly, including meal lineups, recess duties, and office tasks.
- B.A. or B.S. required; Biology (or related science field) or Elementary Education preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Proven ability to be a positive Christian role model for children
- Teaching experience & bilingual are a plus.
- Desire to live in a Christian Community.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mid-August to Mid-November
- Mid-January to end of May
Benefits: Housing, meals on site
Pay: Depending on experience