We are continually monitoring and adapting to state and county guidelines as required. The safety of our guests is our number one priority.
Health and Safety During Your Stay
We are practicing COVID-19 policies and procedures, as recommended by the State of California and the Santa Cruz County Health Department.
- Masks are required indoors for all persons above the age of 2, despite vacination status.
- You do not need to wear a mask inside your room.
- Masks are recomended for unvaccinated individuals when attending larger outdoor gatherings.
A health screen and temperature check will be required upon check-in. Our staff is screened regularly to keep guests and other staff members safe.
Whenever you can, please maintain 6 feet from people outside of your family. We will be operating at a reduced capacity to allow for more space while guests are at camp.
We have added sanitation stations to the grounds, and we are cleaning high-touch surfaces more often.
Isolation and Notification
- Isolate anyone with symptoms and refer them to a medical professional
- Leave camp and get tested.
- If persons can’t leave right away, they will be isolated until departure is possible (i.e., waiting for a parent to arrive).
- The guest group leader will inform Mission Springs staff if there is a known positive test.
- Mission Springs and guest group leader will work together to realease an exposure notice to those affected.
- Mission Springs will notify Santa Cruz County Health department of any positive test results.
Meals and Activities
Camp does look and feel different. We will be hosting events and meals outdoors whenever possible. Check schedules and packing lists to make sure you have what you need for your stay.
If the CA Department of Public Health amends this covid-19 guidance for overnight youth and family camps, we will follow suit and communicate to all staff and guests.
A program designed to give you a place to sleep, some call it minimalistic, we like to call it “glamping”, but more importantly a place to rest your mind and spirit. We hope in this way that Mission Springs can still be a place to renew your wonder, revive your faith, and refocus your purpose.
Group Retreat Leader?
Mission Springs is currently open to booking retreats. Each group is unique and we would love to talk about your needs whether you are brand new or returning to Mission Springs. Find more info on our Roadmap Back To Camp page.
Please feel free to contact the staff member you are working with via email. You can find their emails on our Staff Page. Or if you are unsure, here is our general mailbox: email@example.com. Please be patient in the response time, as the closure has impacted staffing.